Monday, October 22, 2007

Alone

Whatever people may say about Oprah, you’ve got to admit quite often the topic of her daily show will get you thinking. And I think that’s her whole point. Stop for a minute and consider this (whatever it may be).

Last week it was Christiane Northrup and her views on menopause. Much of her information was things I’ve heard before, but it did reinforce some of the things I’ve been feeling and thinking. Not the least of which is not to feel guilty because I enjoy my alone time. Especially in the morning. Let me have my walk with my camera and my dog ~ however long that may be. Let me come home and make my own breakfast ~ whatever that may be. Let me download my images from my walk; check my email and check in w/cyberspace friends. Let me shower and plan my day. All without talking.

By afternoon I’m starting to warm up to conversation. But alone is when I think and imagine and create and get to be me. All of this is based on 10 years of spending most of my waking hours alone. Well, with a camera and a dog and a cat and my thoughts. My life changed overnight about 2 years ago and those days/nights alone are no more.

Time for a chat perhaps…

However that‘s not what I set out to write about tonight. Today’s show centered around two people who have terminal illnesses, know their deaths are imminent and how they have chosen to live what remains of their lives. I’ll write about that tomorrow. Because their stories deserve their own place.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

It's still morning and as such, I'm uncommunicative but somehow, I think you understand. I do so relate to. I am not a morning person and prefer my quiet time.

I saw yesterday's Oprah too and it did give me pause to think.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger James said...

Nice "tease" for you next entry. Your thoughts: Like I've said before, perhaps we were closely related in a former life, sis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home