Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Aging...

The days are definitely getting shorter. Life is, too. Thinking that it’s almost half a year we’ve been in the house… well, it doesn’t seem possible. Everything still feels so new. And I guess it will for the first year. We’ve had our first summer; we’re heading into our first autumn – Thanksgiving, then Christmas, the first winter snowfalls ~ followed by the first snowstorms, etc.

But my point ~ and as Ellen says, “I do have one” ~ is that when I woke up to dark at 6 am, with an aching shoulder two things occurred to me. One – the days fly by and two – I can’t wait for my next massage therapy session. Sheesh. I still don’t really know what caused this (could it really be carrying around a heavier camera?), but the message is ~ I’m getting older. Dammit. I’ve always taken my health for granted and now I’m seeing that as I approach 53 (which sounds old, but I don’t feel 53) I’m getting older. And these aches and pains will happen.

I stepped on the scale this morning, too, for the first time in weeks. What possessed me to do that, I’ll never know… Accepting the rising numbers there as a fact of aging is something I really can’t do. Or I’ll end up weighing 300 cookie pounds. So sore shoulder or not, the sun is rising and I’m out the door to walk off the truffle I just ate.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I do hope it's nothing serious, cindi, but massage therapy doesn't sound too awful. ;) You look fabulous and certainly don't have to worry about your weight!

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I decided I wasn't getting older--that some old woman was just moving in one body part at a time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home