Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Winds of Change

Autumn always brings changes in me. Typically it’s just a nesting instinct ~ that feeling of wanting to settle in, hunker down, get domestic and all cozy as the weather turns cooler and the days shorter. Bring out the crochet hook and the yarn (yes I crochet! Not very well and I’m trying to remember how to make a turn, but dammit, I can do stuff!). The crockpot finds its way down from the top shelf and takes up a semi-permanent spot on the kitchen counter. The stack of unread books that has grown taller all summer is showing some movement as reading becomes a favorite pastime again. Bedtime arrives earlier and sleeping in, a regular thing.

In other words, hibernation sets in and the casual and easy socialization that comes with summer gets tucked away with the deck umbrella.

This year I’m feeling something different, though. So different I don’t even know what it is. Of course my whole life has done a 180 since I moved into this house and this neighborhood 5 months ago. Most of its good and long overdue; some of it has me questioning my life. So I guess it is the questions – and the opportunities and the potential? – that are on my mind lately. Change can be good… really good. But it is seldom easy. Shouldn’t I be happier?

So as the seasons change and I prepare to enter another Winter of my life, I find myself wondering where I will be – who I will be - when we come out on the other side in Spring…

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

That's easy! You'll be you. The you you're meant to be!!

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A thoughtful read. Since the epiphany I had the latter part of last year about why we're here, who I am or will be no longer bothers me, and I am so grateful for that because it used to drive me crazy! Now, I live day-by-day, moreorless. As Bonnie said, you will be the you that you're meant to be and it will happen on its own. Relax and enjoy the ride, Sweetie!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home