Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hello Goodbye

It’s been one of those days when I feel as though I’m just spinning my wheels. By 3:00 I decided the hell with it – and just kick back and admitted I probably wasn’t going to accomplish anything grand today. And I’m not going to feel guilty ~ until later tonight I’m sure.

I hate reading manuals, so of course, my new 3D (yup, I did it) is sitting on my desk, with the unopened manual. I took the camera out for a spin this morning - with the factory settings – and now I have to spend some time personalizing my new baby. The shots were ok, but I know they are meant to be SO much better.

My original XT froze on me in early July – was sent in for repair and came back in time for the wedding. She made it thru the wedding as my back-up camera (thank god) and froze up again a week later. Long story short – I was able to trade her in and upgrade for a pretty good deal. So now Big Sister and I are getting acquainted. I still have the mister’s XT as a back-up (pictured here), but Ms. Big will be my primary.

My fellow photographers will understand that I had to have a moment with my XT yesterday as the trade was being made. The Best Buy boy (a non-photographer obviously) stopped short of rolling his eyes as I said goodbye to this little piece of plastic and metal. My XT was my first DSLR and brought me full-force into the world of photography. She taught me volumes. She traveled with me to distant ports and captured moments I’ll treasure for a lifetime. She was my constant companion for more than 2 years. She walked with me every single day. I guess it's only right that her last hurrah was to photograph my son and daughter in love's wedding ~ one of the highest highlights of my life. We got thru it together. I really would have like to have kept her just for sentimental reasons, but practicality took over and by saying goodbye I was able to save a few dollars and take a big step forward.

I guess it’s time to make new memories with Ms. Big and move into the future…

but i'll never forget my first little Canon girl.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Happy for you, Cindi!! You'll become best buds in no time.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger James said...

Cool. My camera envy is showing!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Cindi said...

thanks you all. i definitely learned it never hurts to ask - i had no idea i'd be able to trade in an old broken camera for such a deal... but i guess when it comes to one's passion, there is no limit to what one will do. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home