Sunday, October 07, 2007

What a Pain

I’m procrastinating, so thought I’d lose myself in cyberspace for awhile. (Why does that always happen when I truly do have a project ~ i.e., printing, matting and framing photos for Under the Umbrella??) “Eat, Pray, Love” is calling me from the other room but I’m playing that whole “you can’t sit down in the middle of the day to read” tape in my head. (Long story – again, going back to childhood.)

But on that “Eat, Pray, Love” note ~ I saw the author on Oprah the other day ~ as Oprah gushed about the book. I do feel it necessary to say that I bought this book months ago ~ long before the Oprah rush and gush began. It just sometimes takes me awhile to work my way down the stack of books I want to read. Restricting myself to only reading at night prolongs that process.

I kind of wish I hadn’t seen the interview ~ at least until I had finished the book. I’m afraid that what was initially such a well-intentioned work will turn into the latest in the “self help” phenomena of written word out there today. And that, in my mind, will cheapen it.

I’m just tired and cranky because my arm/elbow/shoulder still hurt like hell and I haven’t had a decent night’s sleep in 2 weeks. Time to get serious about fixing this physical malady because it is affecting everything.

Not the least of which is my mood. Dammit.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word about some temporary relief for that pain: Biofreeze! Of course, it won't work on every kind of pain, but we sing its praises.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

That books on my to read list just haven't attacked it yet. Let me know if it's helpful.

The shoulder pain, well, don't use it at all for awhile. Leave the cameras at home for a week and just walk with Simba. And if it's truly concerning, call the doctor. :)

From one procrastinator to another.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

hey thanks, girls. always good advice from you two. i actually have an appointment w/my daughter in law massage therapist tomorrow - we're working on a series of sessions. she's so good for me - teaching me alternative health. that's why she wants to be an oesteopath. sure would be nice to have a doc in the family some day... :)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

o, and b - i'll send you a book review once i'm done! :)

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger jaki good said...

i love to read your posts! I have tagged you as someone that Makes Me Smile. Stop by my Blog and pick it up!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

thank you jaki. :D happy to oblige...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home