Sunday, October 14, 2007

It All Started Here...

…with a cup of Tazo chai tea and my new Betty Crocker “Celebrating the Promise” cookbook. (Costco’s book section can be dangerous… and anything that promises to give to the cause always sucks me in…) That being said, why have I waited so long to buy Tazo??? It is every bit as good as Starbuck’s – which to this point as been my favorite, next to Racine’s. Now I can make it at home while in my jammies and drink it out of my kitty mug given to me by my sweet friend.

I know I’ll be bitching and moaning in a couple of months, but I do love it when seasons change. Which is why I’ll probably always have to live in a climate that will provide me with something new every 3 months or so. I am so easily bored. I thrive on change. Take my hair. Please. It’s at that awful growing out stage now and driving me crazy. Years ago my then hair stylist would just smile when I changed my mind and my hair style at every visit, and tell me it’s in the blonde handbook – "Blondes are fickle." That and we had to be cheerleaders. Yes, I was. (shut up.) She had jet black hair. What did she know?

But I digress. I was actually happy to wake up to rain this morning. Simba not so much. She hated that I put on her Old Navy green parka and only walked her to the mailbox and back. She gave me one of those looks as she was doing her business like, “Dammit. I guess I’d better go now or hold it all day.” She forgave me a little when we returned home and I made a fire and she snuggled down in her chair next to it. Yeah. I made a fire. It’s that switch on the wall next to the fireplace. You gotta’ love it…

This kind of weather does make me fat, though. Especially when it falls on a Sunday. Something about Sundays give me that sense of entitlement ~ no make-up; sweats; the freedom to watch movies all day if I want (The Queen and Evan Almighty today; Greenfingers last night ~ all of which I enjoyed; we’ve joined Netflix and I can see it’s going to be my winter addiction for sure!!) and actually watch CBS Sunday Morning ON Sunday morning, not Wednesday night ~ which btw, if you don’t watch, you should. It is one of the smartest, most interesting and cultural shows on television. I’ve watched it faithfully for over 20 years.

O, but the fat part. On days like this we bake. I bake muffins for breakfast. The mister baked cookies this afternoon. I baked bread for dinner. To go along with the pot roast and veggies I put in the crock pot at 10:30 and let cook slowly all day. I ate an unbelievably delicious layered bar (chocolate, caramel, coconut, nuts) from Under the Umbrella. I had a truffle. But I balanced it all out with tons of water and two Diet Pepsis. See how my mind works?? Now I’m having a pre-dinner glass of champagne just ‘cause I want to. We’re gearing up for our fair-weather fan mode as we watch our Colorado Rockies in the playoffs. I don’t know any of the players so whenever they do something good I just yell, “Way to go, you… Rocky Guy!!” Pretty cool to think they are only like two or three games away from going to the World Series on a wildcard ticket. I sound like I know what I’m talking about, don’t I? ha! Did the same thing when our Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup their first year in Colorado. Didn’t know a damn thing about hockey, but in the playoffs I was a diehard fan.

So, all of that to say ~ I had a good day. Sing the chorus to “You Had a Bad Day” in your head, but substitute “I Had a Good Day.” That’s what I’m talkin’ about. We hung a new exhibit yesterday (Under the Umbrella); I just found out I have a total of three images featured in galleries on the new Lensbabies site and I feel like maybe I’m not such a failure today.

I love a rainy Sunday!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful, wonderful day!!!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

That's a fine mug, if I don't say so myself! ;) Seriously, your day sounds perfect Fall is a time for our body to slow down and rest after the hectic summer schedule. Plus, it gives us a moment to catch our breath before the holidays are upon us. :) How about sharing some of those cookies?

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger James said...

I've been seriously considering moving from Modesto (the armpit of the nation) to Seattle (the hipster capital of the nation) for a couple of years. Now, I am seriously considering actually doing it. The seasonal change thing not being the worst reason for the change of scenery.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

thanks you all. :D
skip - do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home