Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Too Many Cooks

So the mister and I have started a new routine. I cook dinner on Monday-Wednesday-Friday-sometimes Sunday; he cooks on Tuesday-Thursday-sometimes-Saturday. Yes, I know that’s one to two more nights for me; but I’m a better cook. The weekends are more or less up for grabs anyway, as we may be out or there are certainly leftovers after cooking all week.

So remember that whole control thing I talked about last time? Huge challenge for me to sit in the family room (which is open to the kitchen – something we really wanted in a home… or did we…) while he’s mucking about in the kitchen. Because I always have a better way to do it, don’t chya’ know. I should be relaxing ~ just watching my guy, Brian Williams and the NBC Nightly News, sipping on my chardonnay and playing on my laptop. You would think I could do this. But it is an exercise in restraint. Restraint from standing over his shoulder telling him what to do…

‘Course the downside is that I have to clean up when he cooks and omg – could he use one bowl instead of three? I guess not. Why use two pots when two and a frying pan will do? I tell myself these are all things I would miss if he were not here.

That, and how irritatingly cheerful he is in the morning. Until I met him I didn’t know that real people really sang in the shower. To their cat.

But I digress. And hope that Eat, Love, Pray will help make me a more mellow person.

Right.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I have such difficulty letting The Mister do anything that is my domain... my way IS better!! Seriously, if he can cook... you relax and let him at it. But sheesh, did you have to put the image of him singing in the shower into my already too cluttered head? Morning people... ugh!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

well... some dinners are better than others. last night was a tuna steak and a roll. that was it. no veggie, no sides. a piece of tuna and a roll. i bit my tongue big time. and just thought about the fabulous dinner i'd be making the next night. the crockpot is humming away as i write...
ah - so happy you're not a morning person. ;-) the world does need them, but i can't handle them until after my walk. even then sometimes it's better to keep your distance till about noon... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home