Sunday, June 03, 2007

I'm Baaaack!

I’ve been away from Bloggerland for a long time now and was beginning to wonder if I’d ever return. We’ve been in the new house one month today and I think it’s time to start living my life again.

My office is coming together and I’m really going to like spending time in here. God, I love having my own space. My very, very own... I’m still filing and putting things where they belong, but I’m almost there. At least I’m not tripping over boxes anymore. Not only do I have an inspiring (dare I say distracting!) view of the lake and mountains, I’ve got lots of space to spread out my “stuff.” My closet (which is long and kinda’ narrow) rocks. The mister built some “cubbies” for me – two sets of cubes, nine cubs in each. There’s nothing I love more than organization and making the most of space. Well, maybe chocolate and a quiet beach, but anything that helps me be organized is right up there.


In addition to my desk (which I’ve decided to go topless with – I left the cumbersome hutch in the basement this time and I LOVE the openness) ~ I've actually got room for some pink dahlias ~ I’ve got two of my favorite work tables on wheels to roll around wherever I want. I’ve got my little flat-screen TV on top of my cubbies in the closet – kind of a makeshift armoire of sorts – so I can slide the closet door shut and the place looks cleaner. Not that it’s ever closed because I am the original TV addict… But it’s a cool idea. Which I must admit was the mister’s…

I’ve got a dog bed on my left and a fleece-lined basket on my right – which A-choo is breaking in at this moment. I swore I wasn’t going to keep any food in here; so, of course, there is a wire basket on the corner of the desk with Ghirardelli dark chocolate mints, Harry & David milk chocolate truffles, Australian black licorice and Bazooka bubblegum. The chocolate two-bite brownies, which are nothing short of illegal, sit to the right of my monitor. In an effort to practice good posture, I also was not going to keep my little green duck print footstool under my desk. My feet are up on it as I type. And it’s under my desk.

My mornings in the park have provided so much photographic material I don’t have enough outlets for it all. (So, of course, I make a trip to the Gardens this afternoon to add about 200 more.) Actually tonight I’m pouring Visine into my eyes – they’re a bit strained.

Life is good. It’s not perfect, but it’s good. Some of the problems I had before are still in my life. A house can’t fix everything. But it’s a start.

And the one thing I’d really like to know... exactly what did I get myself into when tonight a nice neighbor-man with a kind and smiling face rang my doorbell and asked if I’d be interested in being a neighborhood watch block captain and I said, “Sure.”????

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, he saw you coming! :)

I love reading about your day! And I LOVE organization too. I'm always fiddling with ideas to better organize. I especially love using items in non-traditional ways to organize things.

Nothing gets rid of all our problems, but when you're surrounded by such beautiful space, it certainly helps!

You are blessed!!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Cindi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Cindi said...

i am blessed, shirl, and i need to take more note of that. i had a little epiphany on my walk this AM (or at least the beginnings of one) ~ do beleive i'll blog about that today. thanks for ot giving up on my blog. ;-) (and the deleted comment was me. i had a typo and i'm too anal to leave it there!)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Cindi said...

and there's another one. damn. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home