Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Musings...

Moving

I’m kind of surprised at how laid back I am when it comes to handling this move. I haven’t sold a house in almost 20 years; haven’t moved in 10. Perhaps it’s just being older and more relaxed. Perhaps it is being blessed to schedule my days this time around. In every other move I was working full-time and had kids w/all sorts of high school activities, etc. Perhaps it’s having three weeks in which to complete the move. Perhaps it’s because we’re only moving a couple of miles. Perhaps it’s because life is really good right now and things are just falling into line beautifully.


At last count I have 21 boxes packed. That sounds like a lot, but not really. I learned long ago that since we do most of our own moving of boxes, I pack ones that we can actually lift and carry w/out getting hernias. The furniture we leave to movers – big, buff guys in their 20’s who can do that kind of thing.


I will be riding around with one cat and one dog tomorrow morning while the inspector inspects our house… may have to seek out a drive-thru Starbuck’s.

Wedding

Thank God for organized kids. It’s all good and all very exciting. It’s going to be one fun summer.

Weather

Colorado gets most of its snow in March. That didn’t happen this year. So we shouldn’t be surprised that a snowstorm is predicted for the end of this week. April is our third snowiest month. They’re saying 6” at least for Denver; heavier in points east. We are in points east. We’ve plenty of boxes, packing paper, and tape. The pantry is stocked; the wine rack is full. There’s still some firewood in the garage that we might as well use ~ it will be of no use in the new house. The fire there will ignite immediately with the touch of a switch.

Health

I think I have a cavity. Dammit. My dentist has been after me to come in for a check-up for three months. I’m there.

The wind is awful today and has totally kicked up every blooming thing. Allergies are not fun.





2 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

You are making progress!!

And April is bringing me snow!! Up to 7 inches when all is said and done!!

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness! You are certainly an organized mover! I broke down our last move and purchased boxes from a storage company. So glad I did. So much easier. When I went to help Mom & Dad pack last week, they had few boxes and were sticking things in garbage bags! Other things were just out loose. No wonder it's so hard to move them! I dread our next move because we have tons of new books, thanks to Don's voracious reading habits and his determination to keep EVERY book he reads! Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home