Sunday, March 04, 2007

Gearing Up

I realized tonight that I don’t write much on the weekends. And it’s not that the weekends are really any different than the weekdays for me; so I’m not sure why. Today was certainly a do nothing day for me. One of the laziest Sundays I’ve had in a long time. I did make yummy breakfast burritos (I’m totally hooked on fat free tortillas ~ they come in all sizes and you can do so much with them!); and I actually prepared dinner, too – a weight watchers’ chicken pot pie which is in the oven right now.

I think my subconscious is working for me. Somewhere in this scattered brain of mine (see previous post; sheesh.) I know I need to start stock-piling energy for the months ahead. I’m going to need to go into “training” of sorts to be ready to operate at my highest functionality possible, and soon. We’re honing in on a new house and if things work out, my life is going to get very, very busy very, very quickly. And five months from today one of the happiest days of my life will occur – my son and his beautiful fiancé will be married. Even though they are planning their wedding with minimal help from Mom and Dad, there’s much to think about between then and now.


The saving grace? Everything that lies ahead is bursting with excitement, unmitigated joy and new beginnings. And I know that is where I’ll find my energy to do all that will be required of me.

But for now, I’m putting my feet up and vegging.
O, and surfing the net and buying toy cameras that I hope do what they say they'll do... like I'll have time to experiment in the next few months... what am i thinking?


1 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A day of rest and kicking back, especially a Sunday, can be a real life saver (who needs butter rum-me).

love your lounge wear, lying around in sweats and slippers and it looks so warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home