Monday, February 26, 2007

'Tis Good for the Soul

Children can be so cruel.

After a hike in the snow this morning (well, it’s melting, but it’s still there and it’s still February) I came home to download my photographic gems. As they were slowly making their way into my files, I noticed an incoming email fading into the corner of my screen. My son had spent the weekend researching various honeymoon locales in Hawaii and was sending me a link to photographs of the condo they are considering leasing for a week. You know ~ the one on the beach with the ocean view. Yup, there’s the ocean alright. It’s as aquamarine as ever. As seen from the balcony with two cozy chairs and umbrella drinks on the railing. And there’s the cute little kitchen, the warm and inviting living room and the gorgeous bedroom with those plantation type shutters.

And if that wasn’t enough, the next link led me to a Google satellite view of everything near the condo. Yup, there’s the ocean. Aquamarine as ever. Just shoot me now. I replied to his email saying I’ll be at the other end of the complex and promise I won’t bother them.

Nah. I wouldn’t do that.

But I am ready for the ocean again. And it’s only been 3 months since I had my fix (although those two weeks were nonstop and there was little time to just be with the sea). Same son (who btw i think missed his calling; he is one helluva' travel planner!) knows that I am a collector of quotes and passed this one on to me not long ago:

“Travel is the best investment you can make in yourself.” Dave Letterman

I concur. And I’m ready. Nothing more profound to say than that. I’m just ready.


4 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! Let's crash his honeymoon!! And hunt for the LOSTIES. :)

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

ok. :) i know the kids would love you. they're big LOST fans as well. we won't bother them, will we? honest.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be quiet, they'll barely know I'm there... that is unless I would actually spot a Lostie(s).

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger pearl said...

oh! don't you know about that! My hairdresser told me that she believes that everyone should bring in the new year at the ocean. I told David and i think that we're going to do that from now on! I'm ready for the ocean, too! I've never been to Hawaii, though.

I had to laugh at the thought of you accompanying your kids on their honeymoon!

hugs and love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home