Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm

It’s one of those days when I just can’t get motivated; and at 4:10 pm I don’t see it happening any time soon. I think it’s safe to say today is a write-off and tomorrow will be better. (However I do have a two hour hair appointment smack dab in the middle of the day tomorrow...) It’s been snowing for the better part of the weekend. It’s too warm to stick to the ground, but has quite literally put a damper on the day. And it’s Easter Sunday. I feel sorry for all the little kids who were looking forward to Easter egg hunts…

I was thinking about Easters past and how things have changed. When my guys were little we often made the trek back to the Midwest to spend Easter with my parents and siblings. Years later as my life changed, Easter dinner was the first time my new beau and I entertained together. As time went on and he became my husband, Easter dinner at our house was a recurring event. We made some really delectable feasts... And here we are this year, eating cookies and even forgetting that it’s a holiday. Looking around at a houseful of moving boxes kind of explains that.

With the knowledge that we will begin carrying those boxes into our new home in two weeks’ time, I’ve allowed myself this day of rest. The ensuing days will be full enough and busy enough. So today is the calm before the storm.


And now I’m off to start a turkey meatloaf and some veggies to keep it company.


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We spent Easter Sunday differently this year as well. We were alone. Enjoy the quiet. Soon you will be busier than you can imagine, but it will be a good thing.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I spent Easter in an unusual way, too. At a baseball game!! And your dinner sounds way better than ballpark hotdogs and McDonald's!!

Hope you're slowly making progress with the packing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home