Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Five Questions

My cyberspace friend, Skip, participated in an interesting exercise in his blog recently where five questions were posed to him and he answered them. He offered to do the same for anyone interested and I was just curious enough to say, “Go for it.” Here are Skip’s questions and my responses:

1. What would your life have been like if you had been born 100 years earlier?

Miserable. My people were Scandinavians who migrated to the mid-section of the U.S. and took up farming. I’m not big on manual labor or getting dirty or cutting chickens’ heads off and de-feathering what’s left. No siree, Bob. All were required back then.

And I am far too much a creature of the world today. I have to admit I’m addicted to certain technologies ~ the internet, email, IM w/my kids, my cell phone w/a camera, my digital camera, PPV movies and On Demand ~ need I go on?

I would have been miserable.

2. If you could "come back" as an animal, which one would it be and why?

Hmmm… that’s a good one because I’m a true animal lover. I think I’d really have to be one of my cats. Not anyone else’s – just one of mine. Because I know how much I love my cats and how I absolutely spoil them. Only the finest of foods; the softest of places to rest their heads (located all over the house); all the love and attention they can stand.

3. If money wasn't an issue, what camera and equipment would you go out and buy today?

Another good one. Since I’m familiar now w/the Canon family of cameras, I’d probably upgrade my Canon DSLR. But I’m so technically ignorant, upgrading to something like a 5D would probably be a waste of a good camera on me. I do want to purchase a Manfrotto tripod as they have come highly recommended to me – a confessed tripod-hater. I adore toy cameras and weird little cameras, so I’d always look at whatever is the latest on that front. Actually, I’m considering the new Lensbaby 3G lens, too. I’m not too happy with my macro lens lately either so would love to get the best one on the market because the bulk of what I do (and love) is macro.

4. Besides relatives, who would be your most important mentor or role model...and why of course?

Wow. Hmmm… this one really has me thinking. And kinda’ stumped. I take this to mean who would I aspire to be like. Having said that, I need to revisit this question ~ and I promise I will. It’s actually worthy of a blog unto itself. It’s an important question and deserves a thoughtful answer. I just don’t have that answer right now.

5. What 5 songs do you play the most on your iPod?

Only 5? Ok.
“Half Acre” by Hem
“Send Lawyers, Guns & Money” by Warren Zevon
“All That We Let In” by Indigo Girls
“100 Years” by Five for Fighting
“You Can Leave Your Hat On” by Joe Cocker
And I can’t believe I don’t have Jimmy Buffett in there. One more; just one more!!
“Chanon Pour Le Petits Enfants”
Ok, two. “One Particular Harbour” Jimmy Buffett, too
“Strength of a Woman” Shaggy
Ok. I’ll stop. But that question really does kind of say a lot about someone, doesn’t it? I live on “shuffle.”

This was really fun and thought-provoking. Thanks, Skip! And if anyone out there would care to try this little exercise, I’d be happy to pose 5 questions – and from what I understand, the one posing the questions chooses the questions. Promise I'll be gentle.

A few years ago I was obsessed with a show called “Inside the Actor’s Studio” on Bravo; I haven’t seen it in a while. James Lipton has a very intimate way of interviewing actors, writers, and directors and does research like no one I’ve ever seen. It’s always a fascinating and revealing show. One of the things I liked the best however, was the very end of the show when James would ask his guest – whomever they may be - the same set of questions. He would ask things like, “What sound or noise do you hate? What sound or noise do you love?” And a variety of things that just tell you something about a person’s soul. I was fascinated by it and always wanted to do the same exercise at a dinner party (I’ve got the list of questions saved somewhere in my files).

Soon I hope to have a proper house for entertaining, I just might have to have a dinner party. But until then, I’d love to have a dinner party in cyberspace, complete with 5 questions here in Blogger-land. Any takers?
Just send me your email address at cindi@elanphotography.net and I'll get back to you! :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

what the hell, I'll bite. Be gentle, nothing too difficult. ;) Time for Boston Legal.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger James said...

Cindi: Nice job on the questions (answers). I wish I could be there for your house-warming! I hope all is going well in that department (moving, etc). Skip, your cyberspaceflickrbuddy.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger James said...

P.S. I will iTune some of those tunes you listed as well.

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about a tripod. On our recent trip, there were serious photographers everywhere, complete with tripods, each and every one of them. I watched one guy taking the same shot I had taken earlier. I walked up, gave the scene a once-over to see what I wanted to shoot, and fired two shots...all in less than 3 minutes. He twiddled, adjusted, turned and various other things for about ten minutes to get the same shot. Well...maybe not the same. His was probably better. But I don't have the patience for all that. We got frustrated with him because he hogged scenes as if he were trying to hatch eggs, holding the rest of us up who were waiting to shoot in the same area. Just too much trouble for me.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I'm not sure a tripod makes you a serious photographer. It's all appearances. Tripods are useless if you leave them at home. That said, I use my tripod at home the most.

Thanks for the questions, cindi.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to tell you that I love this pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home