Sunday, November 04, 2007

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

A broadcaster, a florist and a psychologist. No, they didn’t go into a bar.

It’s what I was supposed to be when I grew up – in that order. At least that’s what my Myers Briggs Personality Test said at age 30. And why that occurred to me at 4:00 am is beyond me. My mind works in mysterious ways.

I can’t really see myself as a broadcaster, although at my 20th high school reunion one of my former cheerleading buddies who worked for a radio station in Florida told me I should do voiceovers. Maybe the whole broadcasting thing was tied into my teenage aspirations to be an actress.

I’ve known a few therapists in my time (don’t ask) so I could see me doing a psychology thing. I know a lot of the lingo…

But a florist… now I could see myself being a florist. That’s artistic. That’s creative. I am a florist in my own home, when I arrange my grocery store bought flowers each week.

So maybe it wasn’t such a stretch that my first foray into photography revolved around flowers…

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had two flower arranging classes, and I STILL can't do it! :( Oh well...

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

A few years ago I landed in Social Work and psychology. Not flower arranging. I bet you'd be great at that...not me.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger *sarahdippity said...

cindi, we are all in the same boat then! i wonder this perennial question daily! and you know? whatever you think you want to be, you should just do it! try it! if it works out ... OMG!! how awesome!! you'll be so happy! if it doesn't, you strike it off your list ... and move on to the next lovely thing you want to be! :)

one thing i do know ... you are one talented, creative lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home