Saturday, January 20, 2007

RE: Breathing

Re: breathing in and out.

A couple of years ago I had some rather major surgery. Everything’s fine now, but it wasn’t fun at the time. I was on self-administered morphine - that was a trip until I realized if I pushed the button too many times I’d pay for it with nausea. I was also on oxygen for the first few hours. I kept drifting off to sleep and the alarm on the oxygen machine would start buzzing because I wasn’t breathing. Charlie was by my side the whole time. He would give me a gentle nudge and whisper, “Cindi. Breathe.”


It’s good to have people in your life to remind you to breathe. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

You're right, cindi, it is good to have somebody to remind you to breathe.

I'm happy to hear that all in fine now. And more hugs!!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

thanks, b. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home