Sunday, January 14, 2007

Frustration

Frustration would be the word for the day, I guess.

Frustrated that we are mid-calf deep in snow and sub-zero temperatures for the 4th week in a row. It snowed all day. Mr. Man and I ventured out to the grocery and that was an adventure on ice buried below snow-packed roads. Thank God the store is only 10 minutes away. Even the dog is sick of the weather. I caught her staring blissfully (rather snow-blinded, I’m sure) out the window today and sighing. Honest to God, sighing. She thinks (as I’m beginning to) that it’s going to be like this forever. And ever and ever. Friday we had a reprieve from the snow falling, but the temperatures were in the deep freeze. When I looked out the window Friday night around 10 pm and saw the snowflakes coming down large and furious I sighed and thought, “Nothing surprises me anymore…”

Frustrated because my Photoshop – which is where I download and organize all my photos - keeps freezing up on me and telling me things that I absolutely know are not true. And I dislike the fact that I depend on it so much…

Frustrated that I’ve got a kazillion television channels and there’s still nothing on!

But I’m safe and warm and have food and “Little Miss Sunshine” to watch and make me laugh (again). So I’m lucky.

Just a little frustrated.

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's called 'cabin fever' :D It's raining hard outside my window right now. Behind this, we are expecting the arrival of COLD weather :(

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Frustration is a state of mind that you create. Only you decide how the weather/Photoshop/TV will affect your mood. This from somebody digging out of a minor ice storm with a few inches of snow! ;)

Perhaps, all this weather, Photoshop, TV is telling you to read a good book oh ye of little time to read. :)

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

*shirley - cabin fever, indeed!
*bonnie - ack! you are so right. i think perhaps i have a problem w/patience...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home