Saturday, January 27, 2007

Angel Whispers

For four days in a row my head didn’t see my pillow before 3 am - Vegas and business and friends and Secret Service retirement parties will do that to a person. What a whirlwind. I didn’t get to shoot like I usually do and like I really wanted to, but this trip wasn’t about me. (Even though I tried to make a point by wearing my “It’s All About Me” pants at night in the suite.)

This trip, instead, was about others. Much to my surprise, it brought some remarkable new people into my life – people I can learn from and network with and just enjoy. It came complete with incredible events I will never forget. I laughed harder than I have in a long time. I shed a tear or two over encounters that touched me in ways I never expected to be touched. It was a trip full of surprises and revelation with the promise of more exciting times to come.

I think the lesson hidden in all those tornado-force days and sleepless night is this: sometimes it can be gratifying to step back, relax and just go with the flow. Let others’ needs go before yours. What you will learn is that the reward lies in the giving. Open yourself to the Universe and the Universe will open up to you.

I feel a tap, tap, tap on my shoulder. I do believe an angel is about to whisper…


2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Who would have thought a trip to Vegas would bring such a beautiful lesson on love and giving. Certainly, an angel whispered and your heart felt the stirring of her wings.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

i know - the most unlikely of places to have revelations... being surrounded by interesting people, one can learn so much by just observing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home