Sunday, December 16, 2007

Are We There Yet?

So my enthusiasm of the other day has given way to too many Christmas parties and late nights. Enough with the holidays already. I literally cringed when I saw yet another invitation pop up into my mailbox a minute ago. That would be #7 (and that’s not even counting our own family celebration). Stick a fork in me; I’m done.

I’ve spent the day doing basically nothing. Which, I always remind myself, is ok once in awhile, especially on a Sunday. I did attempt a shoot for a Lensbaby contest this morning. Most of it was just frustrating, but I got a couple of “maybe” shots. I tried to remember how to crochet for about 5 minutes until it was time to turn and do a new row and that headache that’s been hanging around all day decided to pull up a chair, kick off his shoes and get comfortable. And that bugs me because I seldom get headaches.

There seems to never be anything on TV these days (so why is the cable bill so high?); so I’ve resorted to an old standby “Sleepless in Seattle.” It was either that or “While You Were Sleeping.” Hmmm… wonder if I’m just tired.

The one bright spot in my day? Reading my horoscope for January 2008. And I quote, “Here’s your takeaway message for 2008: No matter what else you accomplish, this year you will learn how to communicate with others in a new way.” It went on to say, “It is an excellent time to start a new website or strike a deal to write that book you’ve been dreaming up.”

Helloooooo.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmm... interesting

Don and I were talking the other day about our childhood Christmases. We never saw much of anything more than 2-3 weeks before Christmas. It starts earlier every year now. No wonder we're tired of it by the time the day comes. Reminds me of Niles and Daphne (Frasier) getting married three times. By the third time, they were over it :D :D :D

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

You know, cindi, you could just say no. Unless, you really want to go.

Seattle, with the frigid weather tonight, I'm thinking more and more of Seattle and how I slept better in Seattle except for the time I dreamed that Mt. Rainier was erupting and it was so real when I woke up, first thing I did was look out my window...

And Helloooo..... I'll buy your book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home