Thursday, April 10, 2008

In the Zone

Life is returning to normal. The chaos that has been our lives the last 5 weeks is finally settling into a routine. A different routine for sure for the folks, but they are troopers and are proving to be quite determined and resilient after surviving a car accident that should have killed at least one of them. Never underestimate the importance of airbags…

So now it’s time to get my routine and my goals back in line. Motivation. Inspiration. First step is getting back to my morning reads on just those topics. It’s time to get back in the zone. I have two books to market. I have one I abruptly abandoned half finished.

And the seed for another that’s been planted and slowly starting to sprout. I’ve had the idea to write a book about my Mom – her life in general, but really focusing on how she is the original Green Recycler – the original Green Energy Saver. You see, she came of age during the Great Depression, one of eight children in a poor immigrant farming family. Believe me, they knew how to make a dollar stretch! And my Mom carried those habits into her own family. And I grew up thinking everyone wrote notes from the bottom of the page up, tearing small bits off at a time ~ all to make one page of paper last a loooong time. See? She’s a wealth of incredible and very original conservation methods.

My siblings and I are also waiting for her to finish writing her life’s story so we can incorporate some photos and self publish a little book for her 90th Birthday in September. Perhaps mine will be a little add-on from me.

Yup, time to get back in the zone. And stop eating cookies.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

cookies are good for the zone!! Your mom is remarkable. My dad does that and even takes the backs of some junk mail to use as his puzzle scrap paper!!

Happy to hear the in-laws are mending and life is returning to normal. Looking forward to your next book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home