Monday, January 01, 2007

By Way of Introduction & Explanation...

I maintained a blog for about three years. When photography became the obsession that took over my life, my writing fell by the wayside. Now a couple of years later, I find I am missing the one thing I have always had in my life, the thing that has carried me this far ~ words. And using them as an expression of myself. So we'll give this blog thing another whirl... There seemed like no better time than the beginning of a new year (ironically my first blog began on another January 1...).

Why "Scenes From a Charmed Life"? Because I don't know if it had anything to do with writing the annual Christmas letter (yes, I'm one of those people...) and reviewing the year in photographs, but it occured to me that I am living a charmed life. I've been blessed with good health; loving family and friends who make me laugh and give me unending support; safety & security; a warm home and opportunities to travel and learn and grow as a human being. And I'm wondering if writing about it just might lead me to some answers I've been seeking.

So, come on along if you want. I'm going to write as often as I can ~ if for no other reason than it's good practice. Writing is like anything else; the more you do it, the better you are.

Here's to 2007. It's going to be a good year. I feel it...

5 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Happy New Beginning (Year)! With your wisdom and wit, I can feel that this will be not just a good year but a great year!

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to joining the adventure! I love your writing.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Cindi said...

thanks you two. you're both actually one of the reasons i decided to start writing again... :)

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger pearl said...

YAY!!!
and hugs!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger chocokat0718 said...

Here's to a wonderful 2007!! Looking forward to reading more. :)
xoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home